Your choice of fragrance displays your personality and choice of lifestyle. In other words, this is an essential part of an individual’s style. Irrespective of the fact that you are using cologne to enhance your personality or boost your confidence levels, you should know the method to apply it correctly.
Cologne for men gets its fragrance from a combination of different scented oils, which are further cut into water and alcohol. Colognes which contain a high proportion of oils tend to last for a more extended period. In this article, we discuss some of the common mistakes men do, along with some easy tips for maintaining cologne fragrance for a longer period of time.
Common Mistakes that People Generally Do While Applying Cologne
Men usually make some common mistakes while using cologne.
- Spraying on Clothes – The most common mistake is made by spraying the cologne on the garments. This bars the cologne from blending with your natural oils, and giving it a unique quality. Also, direct cologne spray on clothes can damage their texture and fabric.
- Spraying on the Skin – Though cologne works best when applied on the surface, it is essential to prevent over-spraying! The best method is to place a finger on the bottle opening, and lightly tip it upside down before applying it on the body.
- Mist Cloud – If you think that spraying a mist cloud is the best way of using cologne, you are highly mistaken here. Cologne is meant to be applied to the body, and this method only wastes the entire quantity.
- Over Applying – This is again a prevalent mistake made by most of the men. Over-applying any fragrance can hamper its quality and subtleness. You might come across to be highly unpolished.
Correct Method for Applying Cologne
Over-application is the biggest fear of every man. If you also suffer from this problem, here is the proper method for applying the cologne.
- Cologne should be applied right after the shower on dry skin. The shower cleans all the oils, and opens the skin pores when the cologne is applied directly on the surface.
- Keep the cologne bottle 3-5 inches away from the body. If you hold it closer, you might over-use it, and vice versa.
- Apply the cologne on the high-heated areas like neck, forearms, and chest. This will infuse a subtle aroma all day the moment you start sweating.
- Avoid rubbing cologne onto your skin. A gentle spray can do wonders while rubbing will fail to produce desired results.
Applying and using men’s fragrances is definitely an art. And the key lies in understanding when and where to use it, the quantity for usage, and the right method to store it. Identify heated areas in your body, and start with gentle applications. Moreover, you can re-apply it if the need arises. Learning the right technique can add a volume to your overall personality. Do you wish to know more about it? Get in touch with the experts at (877) 447-7450 or visit fragrancess.com.